THE RIPON CHALLENGE
In support of the Gunmakers Company Charitable Trust
A PRIZE PURSE OF 1000 GUINEAS
28 BIRDS, 3 GUNS, 2 LOADERS, 1 MINUTE
During what has been describes as the golden age of British game shooting in the last quarter of the 19th century the 2nd Marquis of Ripon (Lord Ripon) was famously the finest game Shot in England. He was reputed once to have shot 28 pheasants in a minute using three guns and two loaders. Now the West London Shooting School offers today’s Guns the opportunity to match or even exceed Lord Ripon’s performance.
Guns, cartridges and loaders will be provided by WLSS (although sportsmen may utilise their own equipment and staff subject to approval by WLSS) and an ample sufficiency of targets will be delivered to allow for the best efforts of participants to be achieved. It is anticipated that the leading performers on the Ripon Challenge will, in due season, be invited to participate in a Grand Finale for a prize purse of One Thousand Guineas!
1. To be Shot with side by sides with two loaders. A trio of AYA No2s are available, kindly loaned by ASI)
2. Timer will start on the first shot.
3. Loaders, cartridges and ample numbers of ‘Edwardian Pheasants’ included.
4. Each contestant must perform a dry one with the loaders to the umpire’s approval before starting.
5. The umpire’s decision is final.
6. Top scorers will be invited to a Grand Finale.
7. To be booked in groups of three, shot and scored individually.
8. Cost is £285, (£95 per head, with a sizable donation to the Gunmakers Company Charitable Trust)
9. Two attempts per person are included.
10. One hour is allowed.
11. Extra attempts may be made if time allows at £50 per head.
FOLLOW OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR LIVE UPDATES