4 – 6 Pheasant Breasts
2 Tbsp of butter
1 tbsp of olive oil
2 minced shallots
150g of mushrooms
2 tbsp of plain flour
150ml of sweet rich sherry
500ml of chicken stock
75g of crème fraiche
Season salt & pepper
1. Prep the pheasant breasts by slicing them thinly and season. Finely chop the mush rooms and gently sauté.
2. Add minced shallots and chopped onion to frying pan on low heat. Gently cook till golden brown.
3. Remove pan contents and add pheasant breast with remaining oil and butter, fry till golden brown. Set pheasant strips aside for later.
4. Begin adding the flour to the pan until blended. Once this is done add you sweet sherry of choice and chicken stock to the pan, ensure to continue mixing. Boil then simmer reducing the sauce liquid by half and then add the fried pheasant breast.
5. Add mushrooms and onions to the pan continue mixing for 5 minutes. Before serving turn down the heat and add the crème fraiche.
6. Finish off by plating the pheasant on a bed of up rice, topped with garnish.