1 chicken stock cube
6 garlic cloves (slightly crushed)
2 tsp salt
1 & 1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
2 tsp rosemary
1 tsp thyme
1 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp melted unsalted butter
1 tbsp lemon juice (use the rest of the lemon
to stuff the partridge)
2 large potatoes
1 sweet potato
1. Pat dry the partridge, inside and out. Place the partridge breast side up; staring from the drumstick, loosen the skin from the breast, using the back of a spoon to help. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl combine all of the seasoning, lemon juice and 1 tbso melted butter. Stir to combine and set aside.
3. Get a roasting tray and place a rack to raise the partridge off the tray, add the chicken broth. Add the partridge breast side up and stuff the cavity with the lemon and 4 garlic cloves.
4. Pour half the butter mixture under the skin and rub the remaining half on top of the partridge.
5. Peep the potatoes, cut them lenghtways and put them in boiling water to boil for 15 minutes with 1 tbsp of salt. Transfer to a tray with olive oil, salt, rosemary and garlic.
6. Cook the partridge at 180c for 25 minutes, cover with foil. For the last 10 minutes, adjust oven to 200c and place potatoes in oven to allow skin to brown. Remove foil to allow partridge to golden. Rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
7. Serve with seasonal buttery greens